Dear Delegates and Advisors,
It is my utmost pleasure to invite you to become a part of the fourth iteration of New York University's Model United Nations Conference, EmpireMUNC. It will be held from Thursday, December 7th, through Sunday, December 10th, on our Manhattan campus. With NYU ranking top 5 on the US Collegiate Circuit, EmpireMUNC will be staffed by some of the most experienced students the collegiate circuit has to offer. EmpireMUNC IV is an opportunity for high school students to compete in New York City amongst other students to experience an extremely exciting and rigorous weekend of debate, diplomacy, and social acrobatics.
Registration for EmpireMUNC IV is now open. In the coming months, we will supply position assignments and confirmation of registration. Please find all relevant deadlines, rates, and logistical information on our website.
The creation of EmpireMUNC was spurred on by NYU Model United Nation’s increasing success as a top 8-college circuit team and as the hosts of one of the most competitive college conferences on the Model UN circuit. It was created out of a passion to teach skills of debate, speaking, writing, and diplomacy to the next generation of university students and competitors. In addition, the city, campus, and conference philosophy centers around making sure all that hard work goes hand in hand with the best possible environment to build lasting bonds of camaraderie and friendship with fellow high school delegates while debating world issues. Capitalizing on our home court advantage, we hope to host events at the United Nations, so that our delegates may meet diplomats and learn about true international diplomacy. Additionally, we hope to provide opportunities to learn more about the college environment through interactions with our staffers, professors, and campus. Detailed information about all of these events will be available on our website.
We have prepared a pool of exciting committees tailored to cover an array of interests. We will be bringing our unique mesh of committees to the High School Model United Nations circuit this year ranging from topics of the past, present, and future.
EmpireMUNC hopes to educate, engage, and enthrall its delegates. If you are a veteran of our conference, we look forward to having you back for another eventful weekend. If you are new to EmpireMUNC, we are excited to welcome you to New York City this December. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us!
Looking forward to seeing you in December!
Best, Karan Napoleon Shah Secretary-General EmpireMUNC IV
For more than a decade, we have been in the business of turning students into leaders. EmpireMUNC is only the most recent step of our journey.
EmpireMUNC strives to engage politically-minded high school students with the opportunity to apply their studies to the vanguard of problems and crises facing the world today. Our hope, is that through today's trials, they may rise to become tomorrow's leaders.
- Partnered with the United Nations, EmpireMUNC is one of less than 10 UN affiliated and sanctioned conferences.
- Our staff has extensive Model UN experience -immerse yourself in debate like never before.
- Located in NYC, EmpireMUNC is centrally-located, convenient, and cost-effective.
- In partnership with local charities, delegates have the opportunity to make a real-life impact on the city we share.
- One of the earliest conferences of the season, EmpireMUNC has an array of committees for every delegate's experience level.
- EmpireMUNC not only gives delegates the opportunity to engage in debate and discourse, but also tour one of the world's top research universities, NYU.
- Get the most out of your coaching -EmpireMUNC offers advisors development workshops and networking opportunities.